Ten years ago my wife, daughter and I moved to the Blue Mountains. It was the best move we ever made. Now we are four (plus a dog, nine chickens, seven fish and an axolotl), living in Katoomba in a 100-year old home, ‘Glenavon’.
But we very nearly ended up in the wrong place – the wrong house in the wrong suburb. We did our research, but there’s no replacement for actually living somewhere and getting a feel for a place. That experience is what I share with you on this tour.
Tap Into Local Knowledge
Blue Mountains Suburbs
Are you Leura or Katoomba? Wenty or Mt Vic? Every Blue Mountains suburb has its own vibe, and its own advantages and disadvantages. Each also has ‘good’ areas and not-so-good areas.
Find out what life is like in each of the upper Mountains villages, and where you’ll feel most at home.
The inside scoop
Living in the Mountains is very different to city or country living. The weather, tourism, bushfires and other factors all play a part in where you should choose to live and what sort of home would suit you best.
Don’t learn the hard way – get the inside knowledge the fun way with a local whose been in the same situation as you and come out on top.
Day to day living
Find out how your day-to-day life might look in the Blue Mountains, from work and school to exploring the great outdoors and our vibrant food & cultural scene.
Get all your questions answered about schools, jobs, the community & anything else you care to ask!
How the tour works
- It’s a private tour – you won’t be sharing with any other group on the day so we can focus on your areas of interest
- On booking I’ll send a short Q&A for you to share your needs and wants for living in the Mountains
- I’ll pick you up locally in the Mountains at 10am (catch the train or drive – up to you, and Sydney pickup can be arranged at extra cost if required)
- We’ll grab a coffee in a local cafe to get to know each other a little better and discuss the plan for the day
- We hit the road to explore the local villages, neighbourhoods, parks, schools and anything else you want to know about!
- We’ll do lunch in a village of your choice. Lunch for two adults is included in the price
- The tour finishes at 4pm – I’ll drop you back to your car or the train
We’ll be travelling in a super-comfy luxury van with room for seven passengers.
I can provide a booster seat for children aged 4-8 if required.
What does it cost?
The Living In The Blue Mountains Tour is $700 for up to 7 people. This includes:
- Upper Blue Mountains pick-up and drop-off
- Coffee at a local cafe
- Lunch for two adults in a village of your choice
- Snacks along the way
Pick-up and drop-off in Sydney can also be arranged for an additional $250.
Got a question?